https://secureservercdn.net/220.127.116.11/417.319.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/MicrosoftTeams-image.png?time=1632122209 740 1480 Ashley Walker https://secureservercdn.net/18.104.22.168/417.319.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Mid-American-Debt-Relief-Logo.png Ashley Walker2020-08-07 12:50:362020-08-07 12:52:096 HABITS FOR ULTIMATE FINANCIAL SUCCESS
Healthy Financial Habits You Need to Start Today Everyone’s journey to success is different. However, one thing that all successful people have in common is healthy financial habits. Whether you want to achieve financial freedom or want to get out of debt, it all starts with developing good money management habits and getting rid of bad habits. Developing good habits isn’t always easy, and it can be frustrating at times. To help you get started, here are six financial habits to adopt today. Financial Habit #1: Set SMART Goals Setting financial goals is the first thing and arguably the most significant step to monetary success. To achieve your long-term financial goals, you must identify what these goals are and how much money you will be needing to reach them. The best way to do this is by making your goals S.M.A.R.T: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. Here are a few examples of SMART financial goals:
- Pay off $20,000 of debt in the next five months
- Save up $10,000 by the end of 2020
- How much money you are earning each month
- How much money you are spending on vital needs like groceries and living expenses
- How much money you are allocating for “extra expenses” like traveling, shopping, etc.
- How much money are you saving per month, if any.